Wednesday, July 15, 2009

There's no place like Home

Dad was discharged Sunday after a very tiring day, had somewhat of a rough night Sunday and Monday night with getting up nearly all night long coughing.
Yesterday he seemed to be feeling a little better so he was able to shower, the drainage had almost stopped, praise God! He was very tired after the shower, so went to his favorite recliner for a little nap...
At 1:30pm, my brother and I decided he should be hungry, and had to wake him up to eat lunch. He was very tired again and went right back to his recliner.
He is able to sleep much better in the recliner with less coughing to disturb his rest, so I guess he just needs to catch up on sleep.
I have a claymaking class at 3 so my brother was left in charge so i do not worry as Dad is in good hands and my cell phone is always with me these days in case he needs something.
He slept after dinner with his shows that he had marked to watch, waking every now and then to catch brief glimpses of talented americans on stage, then woke up at 10:30 and came into the kitchen to ask if it is 10:30 in the morning or night?
So he woke up just to get to bed, after his inhaler, tylenol and cough syrup, he slept better last night than he has in a long time. ..only once to cough. YES! i told him we are going to use that combo at bedtime until he stops the cough at night and is able to rest.
Today is a better day with less coughing...thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great improvement, he has to feel better being home. I'm glad you got to do something fun for yourself, what did you make in clay class??

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems to be getting stronger every day. I think a lot of it has to do with being home and getting rest at night, too.

    I love my tuesday afternoons. Maddie and I call it our therapy appointment and don't miss it unless absolutely have to. I sit at the table with my cell phone so I am only a call away if he or my brother need anything.

    It was actually a glazing and firing week, so I painted the pinch pots, crazy mini pots and saucers, the butterfly and the flower that I made the last time. Maddie helped me overglaze since she was a week behind. We have a claymaking day next week,
    I want to make a potpourri candle tart burner if I can get it to stay together, or I might work on some pieces to create a wind chime for inside. Not sure, sometimes it turns out quite differently from the original plan

    ReplyDelete