Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our Lady of Mt. Carmel

Today was a special day for my friend, Maddie, and for me too! She was received into the third order of lay Carmelites today, on the feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel. Wow! What a blessing to be able to share this with her.

My brother will be leaving to go back home on Monday, so he can get ready to teach this next semester.
Our next appointment is next Wednesday, so we probably will learn then, so really just a few days away...part of me wants to know right away, the other wants to just hide, like those little toys-Furbies. they would close their eyes, saying "Hide!", then they would appear to be asleep until the "danger" was passed. I want to be a furbie at times, but then the Lord holds out His hand and I receive the strength and courage that I need. He does this in all situations, the problem is that I keep my eyes shut tightly and don't see Him reaching out to me. Lord, please encourage me to open my eyes and face the obstacles with the knowledge that You will always be at my side, in every situation.

My daughter sent me a message saying that she will be coming into town next weekend to surprise Dad, her Bampa. He is going to be so thrilled to see her as she has lived out of town since Katrina and has been unable to visit more than once a year. He misses her and so do I!

Good news, my air conditioning should be fixed this weekend, it will be so nice to have a cool house again, and I know the pups will appreciate the cooler temperatures.

Oh, almost forgot-the photo of the statue.
statue

Just a note, a reminder that my photos are my work my art, they are copyrighted, so please don't copy them without permission to do so. Thanks so much & God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment