Friday, June 3, 2011

long hiatus but I am back

Too much has happened in the last 4 months, some very sad, and that is why I have not been posting. Grief paralyzes a person, as much as I try to say I won't let things keep me from a normal life, it creeps in and I have reminders every day, several times a day depending on what I might be doing. The grocery shopping, I don't have to buy Boost or those particular Stouffers dinners. I miss the Loud TV, and I seem to still listen for the squeak of the wheel chair that lets me know he is up from his nap. Dad has been gone over three months now, and I still seem to hear him snoring, or calling out in his sleep-dreaming about working, he would have his hands moving, sawing and hammering when I would peek in to check on him :)

Anyway, I am back, if anyone is reading this. I have been busy planting and potting my container garden. The Torpedo Grass prevents me from considering planting a normal garden. I must find some way to get rid of that horrible weed. It seems to be the Louisiana version of kudzu. It is invasive, will grow through all landscape fabric, black garden plastic, mulch, rocks, concrete cracks. It tunnels under garden edging of all types, and even makes its way under and through roofing shingles and 90 pound paper. Have I expressed how much I want to get rid of this plaque??

I will try to post some photos of the porch and entrance containers if I can remember how to post photos LOL

Let's see, maybe "Post options"? nope...will try from photobucket :)ope that didn't work either.
check back for photos if I can get them to post, I will

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you!! Your comment was timed perfectly. it was the impetus that I evidently needed to get back to the blog. Thank again for reading :)

      Delete